This is the only comprehensive UK-published guide to short-term trading, combining detailed reference information with the author's advice on strategy and tactics. Every serious trader in the UK needs this book - not a nice-to-have, but a must-have!
The 10 key things you will learn:
- Detailed description of the different trading platforms (SEAQ, SETS, SETSmm, SEATS Plus) on the London Stock Exchange.
- How to deal inside the spread in market making stocks and get the best price.
- How auctions work on the London Stock Exchange platforms.
- The importance of direct market access for active traders.
- The secrets of programme trading, index arbitrage and block deals.
- How the cash, futures, lending and derivatives markets interact.
- The secrets and risks of short selling.
- Which directors' deals to follow and which are irrelevant.
- How to make money from takeover situations.
- Secret strategies from an established and successful trader.