Fully revised, updated and expanded third edition
Lobbying is a global industry which thrives wherever democracy is established. This third edition of Lobbying by Lionel Zetter straddles the globe, from the USA to Japan. It covers the Westminster and Scottish Parliaments, and the Welsh, Northern Ireland and London Assemblies. It examines the lobbying scenes in the USA and Brussels. Finally, the book also deals with Asia, the Gulf and the Middle East.
The acknowledged industry bible, this book explains all aspects of lobbying in an expert yet accessible manner. Areas covered include:
- the historical background to lobbying, and the ethical and regulatory frameworks
- advice on how to break into lobbying
- the mechanics of lobbying, and the techniques employed by lobbyists around the world
- the various types of lobbying and public affairs campaigns
- how to use the media and third-party advocates in support of a campaign
- a step-by-step guide to planning and implementing a lobbying campaign.
The author is an acknowledged expert in his field, and this book represents a distillation of his decades of experience. There are also 'top tips' from some of the most senior lobbyists in the world, as well as contributions from elected politicians.